PCS season is here! I thought before moving out of my house I would give a quick tour of the Cofete floorplan in La Mesa and on Fort Ord. We have lived in this house as a family of four and as a family of five and I can honestly say that it fit our needs perfectly!
My Favorite things about this floor plan
I loved that this house had two wings, having the two wings really make this house feel a lot larger than it really is. It’s a great floor plan to host parties or have a room designed just for kids. I decided to use the room in front of the kitchen as the dining room.
The second room we used as our living room. Please note that this room can easily be used as both the dining room and living room. (note the light hanging low that’s where you can put the dining room table)
I really enjoyed the two doors out to the backyard, having these two doors made the flow of our house doing gatherings a lot easier. (Note I’ve been in this floor plan on Ft Ord and it did not have the extra door) One door can be found in each of the rooms above. The door in the living room would be to the left of the blue bottle with flowers.
- My curtain rods run across the entire length of each wall. They cost me $10.00 a wall. CLICK HERE FOR DIRECTIONS I spray painted my rods black and used plastic furniture knobs for the ends.
- The white curtains are actually flat white bed sheets and can be purchased at WalMart for less than $5.00 in store online $6.00 CLICK HERE
- My bookshelves and TV center are all from IKEA
- My couch is the slipcover sectional couch from IKEA.
- My white and blue striped pillows I got on clearance at Target they are actually outdoor pictures.
- My sofa table is from Hobby Lobby
- The dough bowl is real and from Slovenia
The backyard is my favorite part of this house, not because it’s huge! I loved it because I made it a place that my friends loved to come hang out at after the kids went to bed, it was a place my children enjoyed playing, and it felt clean and peaceful. I’m really going to miss this little area! Below you’ll find out all the questions everyone asks about my decorating.
- playhouse- The Bay area Habit for Humanity builds play houses for military children. If you’re new to Monterey I highly suggest contacting them and getting your free playhouse. My children played countless hours in this house. * I did repaint it… Below is my inspiration picture I found off Pinterest.
- The fire pit is from Costco and is propane (California Fire friendly)
When you walk up the stairs this is the “study” this wouldn’t work for my husband. My husband has to study in complete silence. So we used the 2nd bedroom as his study and this area for our boys to use for their tv and extra toys.
- The striped bedspreads are from IKEA
- The little trees on the wall are from ESTY
- The white box blanket is from Target
The master bedroom is surprisedly large this is a king size bed and it fits with extra room.
If you get the chance to live in this floor plan do it! I think it’s one of the most functional floor plans in La Mesa and it worked perfectly for our family for 18 months. Please let me know if you have any questions.