I’ve had a TON of question on how I hosted my Fall Favorites Party in October, and to be completely honest I totally winged it! I decided to give you all the details on my Favorite Things party just in time for Christmas, so you too could host your very own party!
When planning this party I had no clue I would have 32 people RSVP! Yes, you read that correctly I had 32 people attend my party! If you’re into math that’s 160 items and about $1600 dollars in gifts!! My party was insane but sooooooo much fun.
Below you’ll find all the details, and if you have any questions please comment below.
- Super easy word of mouth and a Facebook invite.
- I made sure to include the rules and what to bring to the party
- I asked everyone to bring their favorite drink or favorite fall food.
- My party started at 6:00 pm I thought this was the perfect time to allow dads to get home and moms plenty of time to party without going home too late.
- Bring 5 items under $10.00 (If I could go back in time I would change this to 3 items under $15.00)
- The items can be all identical or you can bring 5 different things
- When my guests arrived at the party I had my guests write down their names 5 times on 5 pieces of paper, I had a basket and paper ready with pens sitting out.
- I wanted to mix up the party a little and had 8 steals in the basket if a guest drew a steal then that guest was allowed to steal anyone’s gift that had not been stolen previously. You could only steal once.
- The basket with the names was passed around the room and everyone drew names equally.
- Once you’ve selected 5 items you are out of the game and your items are safe. (This became tricky when the steals were in the game but everyone was “safe” so I think I would just not have this rule next time).
Make sure to go over the rules with everyone before the start of the game so that everyone is on the same page!
- I cleared off my entertainment center and moved my tv upstairs to allow for room for all the items to be displayed. This was perfect! You could see everything and my living room had plenty of room for sitting.
Some of our Favorite Things!
- Pumpkin candles
- Nail Polish
- Face Masks
- Mrs. Meyers Apple Cider Cleaning Spray
- Fall Dish Towels
- Coffee Gift Cards
- Fall Throws
- Wood Signs with Fall Themes
- Lip Balm
- Cozy Socks
- Fall Colored Headbands
- Body Scrub
- Ceramic Pumpkins
- Fall themed cookie cutters
- Fall Teas
- Fall candies
- Candy Bowels
Comment Below with any ideas not listed!
Photo credit: The Husband… One day he’ll get good at taking pictures…